Friday, December 30, 2005

Holiday!

If we took a holiday
Took some time to celebrate
Just one day out of life
It would be, it would be so nice

That's the chorus from "Holiday," my sister's favorite Madonna song. Mine is "Express Yourself." Everyone should have a favorite Madonna song, but I digress.

I'm heading to the Evergreen State for a week-long vay-cay. I've been excited about this trip for awhile now. I almost packed on Monday night, but then I realized I didn't want to trip over my suitcase all week.

This sounds crazy, but I think I might miss coming to work. This past month has been busy and I have decided that busy=good, so I think I will miss being productive (shocking, isn't it?).

New Year's is one of my top five holidays. The other's are Thanksgiving, Easter, the Feast Day of Nuestra Senora de Guadalupe and my Birthday. I like Christmas, too, but the commercial aspect of it ruins it for me a bit.

Anyway, so I haven't had a dull New Year's in a long time. Hopefully my extremity for this year will be fun and not wild drunkeness, although what's New Year's without a toast and what's Seattle without a Mac & Jack's? (FYI: Mac & Jack's, is, according to the Seattle Times, one of the hottest beers in the crowded Northwest specialty-beer market.)

By the way, I had a cheerful Christmas this year with my extended family. I even made tamales! That''s another shocker, I know. I kept calling my house in Pasco and saying, "What are you guys doing?" and a few hours later, "What are you guys doing now?" Apparently there is a a stack of gifts waiting for me at house including a Hello Kitty Toaster from my mom, which is what my Tia Anita bought me, too. Repeat gifts are funny, especially when they are toasters.

No comments: