Friday, July 21, 2006

Pink Pearls

The first time I heard the term "Pink Pearl" it was written in script letters on an eraser I had as child. The idea that this functional piece of rubber could have such a glamorous name was inspiring to my 7 year-old mind. Today I'm wearing a matching necklace and earring set of faux pink pearls, so faux in fact, that they cost $1 at a swap meet in Los Angeles. They are fabulous, however, and even the cashier at Starbucks complimented me on them. I wore them for the first time last weekend when I was in Seattle and headed to the DMV to renew my Washington State driver's license (no, I don't want to accept the fact that I live in California). Now everytime I am asked for identification, there will be the pink pearls in my photo. Lovely.

I can't decide what I'm going to do this weekend. I'm debating whether I should stay near home and start organizing my apartment that is looking more and more each day like an abandoned homeless shelter. My new roommate and I both seem to "busy" to put anything away and start hanging things from the empty nails on the walls vacated by Kaesy's decor. The beach sounds way more enticing than a productive weekend in my air-conditioner-less apartment. It's supposed to be in the 100s! I forced myself to run 3 miles this morning at the gym, which is making feel great today. I watched some morning show that featured an interview with the editor of a magazine called "Weekend." I was like, I should be doing that job, my weekends always rock!

No comments: