Thursday, August 24, 2006

One year anniversary


Today is my one year anniversary at the Contra Costa Times. I didn't realize it until I was driving home from work. The time went by so fast, I don't know what happened to it. I received a 4 percent raise, which is exciting, but I wonder if it will be noticeable on my paycheck.
Yesterday I found out that my boss is leaving for a much better job and while I'm very happy for him, I am sad he will longer be my boss. I can't say he's perfect or that he's the best editor I've ever had, but he was a superb manager, exceptionally professional and easy to work with. It's been a hectic year at my newspaper and I wonder if I should stick around any longer. I feel as though the bottom is falling out or something. I think that could be the nature of the news business anywhere I were to work. I always have to remind myself that I'm lucky I even have a job.
I returned from Mexico last Sunday and my only regret is that it was over so fast and suddenly I was at work again, sitting in my cubicle.
Otherwise, I had a great trip, but talking about now would be too exhaustive, so that will have to wait for another day.
I'm also 25 now and I feel fantastic!

No comments: