Monday, October 16, 2006

itchy and scratchy

I made it back yesterday from Seattle with Mom in tow and some mysterious and itchy bumps (I think I need a benadryl shot!). She'll be staying for a yet to be determined amount of time. I had a great time in Seattle. I enjoyed some sunny, yet breezy fall weather. I also saw a random sampling of friends I wasn't expecting to see such as Kristina (my filipina linesister) and Janel Vaughn (a Maryland alum and LTA sister) besides all of my regular buddies. As usual, I was sad to leave and pondered the everpresent dilemna of whether or not I should leave CA for Seattle and if so, how or when? Since no clear answer is jumping out at me, I will leave that question dormant for now.
I went outlet shopping in Napa yesterday and only bought one pair of pants at Calvin Klein. I guess there is some value at shopping at the full-price stores: I might actually find something I want.
My new editor is finding small ways to piss me off and has told me that he wants me to work the day after thanksgiving. My mom has told me my job outlook looks grim -- all the more reason to move to Seattle! I think I'll give him a few months to work out his kinks.
Deep thought for the week: the late 90s Beastie Boys album Hello Nasty is still one of the best and most timeless records I've owned. G-E-T-L-I-V-E ALRIGHT!

No comments: