Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Holy Week



These are pictures from my awesome trip to Vegas! They feature Kristina, Ana and Gloria, three of my kick-ass NYC friends. We shopped, we gambled a bit, drank a little bit, lounged by the pool, clubbed it, saw a Broadway play and even went to the Hoover Dam! We were ultra-productive.

Back to reality. Lent, my favorite religious season of the year, ends Sunday. I think I didn't push myself hard enough to make the most out of Lent this year and I've been so preoccupied with other things such as LTA and work, that sadly, I've been neglecting God! I have been doing well on my committment to give up chocolate and sweets, which makes me think I should have given up something harder like alcohol. I learned a long time ago, however, that you can overreach.

I'm souped because my linesister and close friend, Kristina Plondaya, is coming to town this weekend and we are going to kick it! I'm also excited that I will be in town this weekend for the first time in a month. I've decided that I will institute a ban on out of state traveling during the month of May. Maybe I'll finally take a trip to LA.

The quote of the day is: "A mind too active is no mind at all," Theodore Roethke (a poet). My dream is that one day, people will take one sentence I've written and call it a "quote of the day." I just want to write one quote to immortalize me forever.

What I'm looking forward to these days are my summer vacation plans. I'll be going to two conventions in Florida this summer and hopefully see some old friends. Then, my big plan is to spend two weeks in Mexico doing everything and anything I haven't done during previous trips like going to see la Virgen in DF, drinking tequilla in Guadalajara and sunbathing in Puerto Vallarta. It's going to be awesome, I can already feel it!

No comments: