Thursday, March 15, 2007

summer=here!

So it seems as though summer has arrived. Within the past week, the weather has suddenly felt "hot," not that it was that cold previously. It's the difference between wearing closed-toe shoes and wearing sandals to work. I am feigning to go to the beach, although I'm in one of my fat periods (the scale is showing some scary numbers right now!), so I don't think I'm ready to put my bathing suit on just yet. I let myself gain weight during the holidays assuming that I would go back down once the year started, but that hasn't happened! I have been lazy about working out and probably eating too many carbs, so there you have it. But, the time is now to slim down, at least a little bit!

Anyway, enough about my fatness. We are about mid-way through Lent, which is my favorite liturgical season of the year (didn't know I had one of those, did you?). Well, I love Lent because it's usually a time of year when I put a lot of effort into improving my relationship with God through sacrifice, prayer and almsgiving. (I'm a slacker on that last one). Anyhow, I don't think I've been as focused on Lent that much this year. I'm not sure why, maybe because I've been preoccupied with thinking about grad school and my writing life. I feel as though I'm busy, but not overburned and if I procrastinate on certain tasks, I don't feel bad about. I'm taking it easy, I guess.

Sometimes I can't believe that I still live in California. One one hand, I like it here and I have a job here. On the other hand, I don't like living here as much as I did when I was an intern for the CCTimes, it's really expensive and my family is continually asking me why I don't have a boyfriend. I used to think about the boyfriend issue a lot. It's a stupid thing for me to worry about, but then people tell me, what are you waiting for? to get old? I need to stop talking about that!

No comments: