Tuesday, April 03, 2007

April is move month

I gave notice to my landlady that I'm moving out. I'm finally leave the burbs! I've lived in the Laf for more than a year and half and it's time to go. I found out last week that my roommate is behind on rent and other payments and would have to move out. My first thought was "I should move to the city!" I could stay and find a new roommate in my current place, but I need to live in a place that is more stimulating. San Francisco is a world destination and I could realistically live there! It will be like going on a vacay every weekend! The only challenge now is finding the right place and the right roommates because living alone induces major loneliness. Searching is a pain, but it's exciting because this is something I really want to do.

In other news, I spent the weekend in my hometown in Pasco and bonded with the fam. We laughed, we cried, we ate lots of food. It was a great weekend. Saturday was the 10-year anniversary of my father's death and we had a small memorial service and family gathering. It was a rather healing event since it gave us an outlet for our longstanding grief. I know it may seem odd that after ten years, I still cry my eyes out when I visit my father's grave, but I think that's just a reflection of how important and meaningful my father was in my life even though that era ended.

This is holy week. I like holy week because this year it feels kind of climatic. My lent got off to a lame start, but within the past week, I have felt a lot more spiritual and connected to God. I think I'm feeling a sense of renewed optimism.

My sister introduced me to a new chick singer named Lilly Allen. She's British, cool, artistic and Starbucks sells her CDs. You should check her out.

No comments: