Thursday, April 26, 2007

moving on up

So, I am moving to San Francisco afterall. I have spent the past 20 months in Lafayette and it's time to say goodbye to the burbs! I can't wait. Sure moving sucks, but I should be an expert by now. This move, however, is the first time I have moved locally on my own. When I was 11, my family and I moved into our current family home in Pasco from our former home that was, believe it or not, next door. After that, all of my moves were pretty much cross-country.

Like the eternal optimist that I am, I'm envisioning the process to be relatively simple. I keep telling myself, "I don't have that much stuff." And, there's the fact that I don't really have to "pack" things since the transport part will be so short.

In other news, I'm going to make a final decision on grad school next week. Right now, I'm leaning toward Mills College in Oakland. My only concern is the fact that I could end up with $35,000 in debt. I think my debt will be less, but still, it's something to consider.

My brother bought a red 2005 Mercedes. I'm still driving a 1996 model of a car that's missing a hubcap, has a dented leftside fender and a chipped rearview mirror. Needless to say, I'm jealous.

No comments: