Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Time flies and other cliches

It's been close to two months since I have posted, but I have not abandoned this blog. No, instead I will have to use my played-out excuse of "I was busy." I made the move to SF in May and am embarrassed to say I have not finished settling in and a bigger bedroom = bigger mess.

My June so far was consumed with my involvement in the National Association of Hispanic Journalists annual convention that was held in nearby San Jose. I served on the local planning committee for months, mentored college students for a week, spoke during two seminars and made some time to network like only I know how. I was preoccupied, stressed, but of course, enthused. I saw old friends, made some new ones and walked around like a VIP. All in all, good times for me and my over-inflated ego.

I'm sad that I just noticed it is summer and time is already slipping by! I'm going to enjoy my last months of freedom before I start Mills next fall. I still can't believe it, but I'm definitely feeling more confident about graduates school and my desire to attend.

Sometimes I wish I wouldn't take certain things so seriously. I wish I would never stress or feel pressured or disappointed because then I have moments when I feel so grateful, satisfied and hopeful that I can't justify feeling any other way. Life is good.

No comments: