Thursday, April 10, 2008

It's been a while, a long while

Yes, I've been MIA. Well I guess that's what happens when you decide to work full-time and earn a master's degree at the same time. I'm lucky that my job has been flexible, but I've been super stressed out lately. And, it's that bad, all-encompassing, debilitating type of stress that usually precedes me having a bout of "I'm wasting my life away on nothing" syndrome. I hadn't had one of those episodes for several months, so I guess it was about time.

Just this morning, I was in the shower thinking about why I've been feeling as my roommates put it "in a rut" lately. I started thinking about work and how much my job and industry have changed lately and it really makes me sad. I almost starting crying... right there standing in the tub! I apologize if that induced any unpleasant visuals for you. Anyway, I had to give myself a pep talk that went along the lines of "No crying! Stop being a big baby!" And, it worked! I prevented any in-shower crying from happening. In-shower crying, by the way, is really lame because the running water makes the whole situation way more melodramatic than it needs to be.

In other news, I have plans to see both Belanova and Juanes in concert next month! I'm so excited, it makes me want to do a mini-hop plus hand clap (but I won't do that right now because I'm sitting at my desk at work).

1 comment:

blythe said...

Dude, my former roommate introduced me to Juanes. Great stuff!

Keep your chin up, lady. We should reconnect sometime.

XO!