Friday, February 02, 2007

Lagunitas IPA

I realized last night that I have a new beer to my list of favs: Lagunitas IPA. I love the lagunitas part of the name. It means little lagoons. Anyway, I enjoyed two pints of it last night in Berkeley after I picked four of my Seattle buddies who are here for the weekend. They are leaving Sunday morning early enough to get back to the Emerald City before the superbowl starts. I couldn't careless about the superbowl. The Seahawks aren't in it this year and I don't like football nor do I understand it, so there's no appeal for me. I'm not really a sports fan. I'm a team fan and I don't care for the team, then I don't care for the game.

I'm at work right now. I'm writing a story on how much it costs to file your taxes. The prices vary, as you can imagine. Not the most exciting topic to write about, but I actually pitched the story since it can be categorized as "utility-focused," aka news you can use, and we are all about that in the newspaper biz.

I really hope I get accepted into the grad programs I applied to. It will make work seem so much less relevant in my life. I do love paychecks, however. It's hard to get tired of those.

No comments: