Monday, June 09, 2014

The joys of wedding planning

Less than three months to go before Ramon and I get married, I'm feeling some wedding planning fatigue. Planning, as I discovered early on, is pretty tedious even though some parts of it are fun and fulfilling. Still, there are parts that just feel like work. I think I've done a good job of managing my stress and frankly keeping it quite low. I will be thrilled, however, when I can just be married, not "getting married." It's almost as if I'm doing some preemptive penance for something or in order to win the marriage prize, you have to go suffer through wedding hell. Well, it's not that bad. It's just exhausting waiting for the magical day.
So far, the planning process has taught me a lot about how to be patient and not rush through things while at the same time recognizing I need to keep making decisions to keep the train moving. So we haven't figured out how much cake to order? Oh well, at least we picked a baker. Our marriage prep counselors flaked on us? We still have time to book a one day seminar. The mantra: keep it moving! And, take a lot of deep breaths. I think wedding planning is one facet where money could buy happiness. If I had a bigger budget, I wouldn't worry so much about keeping costs down or not overpaying so much. If anything, the thought of paying too much for something is scarier than going over budget. If you're going to splurge, it better be worth it! I just took another deep sigh. 

No comments: