Sunday, June 22, 2014

You don't know until you know

I went to mass today at Mission Dolores in San Francisco with my mom. I forget how beautiful that church. Today, the altar was decorated with some sort of light blue draping that just made it look like a piece of heaven in the middle if an otherwise dark toned church. I guess it had been awhile since I had been MRI mass in Spanish because the words sounded so soothing and nourishing to my ears as if I was listening to sounds my soul had been craving for a long time. 
I thought about how blessed my life has been lately and how outright happy I am to have a wedding and marriage to look forward to. It's unreal sometimes, to think I found an amazing partner who try shares my values, helps me be a better person and complements me in many ways. I feel grateful to God for this sense of happening that almost seems unfair since I know other peoe face major struggles and crisis in their lives while my issues are like when am going to have time to make table numbers or wondering how to get guests to RSVP in a timely manner. My main concerns seem so trivial and yet people say your wedding is the most important day of your life. I think about that phrase sometimes and hope it's not true. I'm sure it will be a very special day and memorable, but I would hope there's still more to look forward to after that. When I mentioned that to Ramon, he said, I would think having a child would be even more significant. For much if my life, I didn't think I would ever get married and now I think, how weird would it be to actually be married and actually consider becoming pregnant? You don't know until you, I suppose. But it's exciting to think about the future's possibilities.

No comments: