Monday, November 24, 2014

Thoughts on the back of a bus

My work day passed quickly. I'm now on my way home feeling relieved that this Monday is over because as we all know, no one likes Mondays. They feel like a necessary evil of reading emails and readjusting to work after two days off. Usually a short week like this dissected by Thanksgiving is exciting, but I'm worried about getting enough work done to please my editor. Story if my life: trying to keep an editor happy. 
In terms if my own happiness, Ramon arrived last Friday and is staying the whole week. It's the most time we will have together since I moved up to Seattle. I try not to think too much about the fact that by the end of the week, Ramon will go back to San Francisco and we'll go back to being a long distance couple or that we've been married three months but it kind if feels like we haven't even started yet because we've been separated most of the time. Yes, these facts are hard for me to dwell on much less digest. I'm in coping mode. I focus on the time we are together and on how lucky I am to have a husband as amazing and patient as Ramon. 

No comments: